Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Homemade Gift Giving

Unfortunately there is only three weekends left until Christmas! This came as a little shock to me yesterday. I knew it was coming, but the past few weeks seem to have flown past me.

I had grand plans of having a handmade gift giving fest this year. But due the weeks slipping past me my plans have been scaled back a little, in an attempt to lessen the load.
Today I finished my first present:


I felt my sister needed a little cushion to brighten up her room  at University. I bought the lovely Amy Butler fabric under her watchful eye at Baa Ram Ewe in Headingley last time I visited Leeds. (I love that shop!) This cushion is a compact 30x30cm, so it'll fit nicely into her suitcase when she returns after the holidays!

I decided to make up a few little labels for my homemade gifts this year, to make them extra special:


So, that's one gift down and far too many to go. Luckily I have two half finished projects on the knitting needles which should be finished by the end of the week. Hopefully!

1 comment: